Parents’ and Carers’ Guide to Child Protection Education
In stockFree Shipping!
Our Parents’ and Carers’ Guide to Child Protection Education provides an informative, easy-to-follow, holistic approach to teaching abuse prevention education to children. It is suitable for parents and foster carers and includes activities to help children understand these essential concepts.
Over 8,000 copies have been sold to Child Protection and Foster Caring agencies!
The author, Holly-ann Martin, has over 30 years’ experience in teaching child abuse prevention education.
What’s in the guide
The topics Holly-ann covers in this guide include:
- Why children need to have a better understanding of feelings
- What a safety continuum is and why children need to know
- The importance of children knowing what their early warning signs are and how they can recognise them to help keep them safe
- What a safety team is, and how you can help your child set up their safety team
- Why our children need to be persistent when seeking help
- Why it is important to use the correct anatomical names for our private body parts
- The impact on children being exposed to pornography
- What to do if a child discloses to you that they have been sexually abused
It is vital that we teach our children the language and principles of Protective Education from a very young age. This will help to protect them from potential harm as well as provide them with invaluable life skills.
Please note: The Parents’ and Carers’ Guide to Child Protection Education is nearly identical to our Parents’ Guide to Child Protection Education. However, some of the artwork and terminology we have used to explain the concepts of child abuse prevention education are different.
Other books by Holly-ann Martin include:
- Matilda Learns a Valuable Lesson
- Hayden-Reece Learns a Valuable Lesson That Private Means ‘Just for You’
- Hayden-Reece Learns What to Do if Children See Private Pictures or Private Movies
- Gary Just Didn’t Know the Rules
- Someone Should Have Told Me